Colleges of Education Forms for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
Colleges of Education Admission Forms for the 2023/2024 Academic Year are out for applicants to purchase and apply. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the 46 public colleges of education.
Colleges of Education Admission Forms for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
The cost of application forms or e-vouchers is GHC230.00. Applicants can buy using mobile money or visit any designated bank for the forms.
Click HERE for all Colleges of Education Entry Requirments
WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study
- Candidates who are yet to write either the 2023 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Applicants
- have passed in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, a Science subject (for non-science students), and an Arts subject (for Science students)
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants
- have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- Possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorized awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Have NABPTEX Certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Posses a National Certificate II qualification in Competency-Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
- All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
- It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION PROGRAMMES ON OFFER are as follows:
- B.Ed. Early Grade Education
- B.Ed. Primary Education
- B.Ed. JHS Education
How to Apply for Colleges of Education Admissions
Applicants will first make a payment of Two Hundred and Thirty Ghana Cedis (GHC230.00) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
- ii) Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallets: Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialing short code *924*8# from all networks.
- Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- An Admission Application Serial Number.
- The Admission Website Address- coeportal.edu.gh
- With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill out the online application form.
- Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
The Admission process will close on Tuesday, 31st October 2023
College of Education Admission Portal
Candidates who are interested in applying for admission can visit the admission portal below to apply for admission.
- Entry Requirements for All Public Colleges of Education for 2022/2023
- Colleges of Education Admission Portal Open Again
- Accra College of Education Entry Requirements for 2022/2023 Academic Year
- Tamale College of Education Entry Requirements for 2022/2023
- Dambai College of Education Entry Requirements for 2022/2023 Academic Year
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here