Alliance for Reproductive Health Rights Recruitment 2023/2024
The management of ARHR wishes to inform eligible interested applicants about the ongoing recruitment for the position of programme manager for the year 2023/2024. The deadline for the job application is to be on the 30th of November 2023. Alliance for Reproduction Health Rights is a Ghanaian non-governmental organization that was established in 2004 to ensure that women, children, and adolescents’ health is achieved through advocacy, research, and capacity building for inclusive, responsive, accountable, and equitable delivery of health services.
SUMMARY of Job:
- The Programme Officer will support the implementation of a USAID-funded initiative that seeks to accelerate family planning achievements in Ghana by providing technical assistance to Ghana Health Service to scale up long-acting reversible and permanent contraceptive methods at public sites across the country.
- The implementation will use strategic approaches such as capacity building of the Government of Ghana’s (GOG) FP stewardship; healthcare worker training; quality improvement; and targeted assistance to regional Ghana Health Service directorates to scale up FP services funded by the National Health Insurance Agency (NHIA) in 100% of districts.
- This programme envisions the engagement of civil society in strengthening the enabling environment for Adolescent Responsive Family Planning.
- Conduct collaborative training for FP stewards to increase understanding of values, social norms, power, practices, and perspectives of adolescents, communities, and frontline providers that shape uptake of FP Services
- Build the capacity of male allies for FP2030 Commitments as a strategy for integrating male perspectives and voices in FP discourse
- Support peer education by dispelling myths and misconceptions, and promoting the use of FP services through referrals to health facilities by engaging ARHR’s Adolescent Health Champions
- Support the development of inclusive user-friendly communication materials (fact sheets, infographics, video documentaries, and other evidence briefs) to support FP education and advocacy efforts at national and sub-national levels
- Support the development of a social media toolkit for use by Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)-led organizations for public engagement to ensure continuous information on FP
- Strengthen the leadership skills, voice, and power of adolescents and youth groups (in school and out of school) to increase their agency in policy processes, implementation, and monitoring
- Track the readiness of health facilities to provide adolescent-friendly health services; and perspectives (experiences) of adolescents on the quality and responsiveness of FP services and FP 2030 commitments
- Highlight and address gaps identified by organizing interface meetings, multi-stakeholder, and policy dialogues with duty-bearers, adolescents, and AGYW-led organizations
- Strengthen and expand existing Community Health Management Committees (CHMCs) to include youth representation at the community level.
- Support the creation of a landing page on ARHR’s website that will serve as a repository or knowledge hub to advance FP advocacy.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public Health, or a relevant discipline. A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- At least three years of relevant experience in programme support; familiarity with international donors or with USAID-funded projects
- A good understanding of FP and its commitments
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills preferred
- Experience working in the NGO space with similar responsibilities
- Ability to effectively use MS Office, including word processing and Excel spreadsheet applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and deliver work assignments on time
- Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks and capacity to develop and grow in the position
Applicants are to forward a cover letter and CV to:email@example.com to apply, with the Job tittle as the subject of the Mail.
- Flying Dresses Job Recruitment 2023/2024 Ghana
- LMI Holdings Job Recruitment 2023/2024
- Edenway Foundation Job Recruitment 2023/2024
- TF Financial Services Job Recruitment 2023
- BTL Africa Job Recruitment 2023/2024
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here