Colleges of Education Admission Deadline 2023/2024 Academic year
The deadline for colleges of education has been announced and interested applicants are to apply for admission before the of this month, that is 31st October, 2023. I have for you below the procedures and the entry requirements you need to know before you apply. Forty-six (46) public colleges of education admission procedure 2023/2024 academic year.
Qualified applicants are edge to apply for admission into the new four-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) Degree Programme in the Forty-Six (46) Public Colleges of Education in Ghana for the 2023/2024 academic year before the deadline date is due.
WASSCE /SSSCE Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the 4-Year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
1. WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language, and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
2 . SSSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language, and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study. Candidates who are yet to write either the 2023 WASSCE or NABPTEX
examinations can also apply.
3. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants.
Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade
D or better), and also have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level
subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject (for
non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
4. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants.
Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business
Certificate Examination (GBCE).
5. Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
Possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics. Have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3)
credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics. Possess a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
6. Foreign Qualifications
All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission into Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
Note: It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in
themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary
- The Bachelor of Education Programmes currently offered in the Colleges of Education are the following:
I. B.Ed. Early Grade Education
II. B.Ed. Primary Education
III. B.Ed. JHS Education
Note: The JHS option provides applicants with the opportunity to specialize
in a particular subject area to enable them teach at the JHS level after
graduation. The subjects include Science, Agric Science, Mathematics, ICT,
Home Economics, Music, Visual Arts, Social Studies, Geography, History,
English, Ghanaian Language, French, etc.
Entry requirements for SPECIAL NEEDS APPLICANTS
Study facilities are available at:
1. N.J. Ahmadiyya, College of Education, Wa
2. Wesley College of Education, Kumasi
3. Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong
a. Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit Passes (A1-C6) in Two (2) CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and Three(3) credit passes in relevant elective subjects.
b. Applicants with SSSCE results should have credit Passes (A-D) in Two (2)
CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and credit
passes in Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
Study facilities are available at:
1. Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
a. Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit passes (A1-C6) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and
credit passes in Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
b. Applicants with WASSCE results should have credit Passes (A-D) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and credit passes in Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
How to purchase serial number and pin:
1. Applicants will first make a payment of Two Hundred and Thirty Ghana Cedis (GHS230.00) into the Colleges of Education, Ghana Account at any
branch of the following bank nationwide:
2. Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) Limited.
3. Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money
wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money
by dialling short code *924*8# from all networks.
4. Upon payment, applicants will receive the following key information:
a. Personal Identification Number (PIN).
b. An Admission Application Serial Number.
c. The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
How to apply:
- Applicants should use the PIN to visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
- Applicants are advised to read and ensure that they fully understand all relevant instructions especially programmes offered in a particular college before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms which are not properly completed will not be processed.
- Applicants should select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of three Colleges of Education in order of their preference for their programme of study, and must select any one of the Ghanaian Languages offered in a particular college.
- After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to:
The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
- Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable mobile phone numbers when completing the application form online.
- Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
- Applicants are to note that the Colleges of Education will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
- Some listed (COE) with their specialisms programme and their public University to which each college is affiliated
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here