Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Gives Scholarships to Undergraduates
Each year, the Government of Ghana gives scholarships to all prospective Ghanaians who have admission to local tertiaries and they find their way to apply for it, to enable them to study the courses of their choice.
The scholarship is of two types. The first one is the Bachelor’s Degree scholarship which is only taken within the country by an undergraduate. The second type is for those who have attained their degree qualifications and will like to further their education outside the country.
The scholarship is either fully or partially funded and also depending on the course you offer. Click here to see how to apply for the postgraduate scholarship to study abroad.
When admission portals are open for the beginning of each academic year, the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat through the office of the President, also makes their portal available for application.
The application process is not difficult to follow and nothing much is needed as supporting documents. All you need to is to make sure that you have an active email address. The steps you need to follow to start your application are as follows:
- Open the web address www.scholarshipgh.com
- Create an account to register
- Complete the application form and upload academic transcripts, admission letters, and academic certificates.
- Complete an online aptitude test and be scheduled for a selection interview in your selected district.
Before you start your application process, you must take note of the following;
- Should have gained admission into a local tertiary institution
- Should have registered and enrolled to undertake the course
- The Institution should be accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
- Categories of Local Tertiary Institutions (Private and Public)
- Nurses/Teacher Training Colleges
- Colleges of Agriculture
- Technical Universities
- Certificate awarding tertiary institutions
- Continuing students should apply online between 1St April – 15Th May of each academic year.
- New students who had late admission should apply between 1st – 30th September of each academic year
- Applicants will undertake an online aptitude test during the application process.
- Appear before a panel for interviews in your selected district
- The information of the applicant will be forwarded to the institutions of the applicant for confirmation and validation.
- Electronic award letters will be issued to the successful applicants by the Scholarships Secretariat.
- Payment of scholarship entitlements to respective institutions
- 2022 Budget: Ghana Scholarships Secretariat
- Opening Date of Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Application Portal
- How to Check Ghana Scholarships Secretariat Application Status
- Ghana Scholarship Secretariat is Offering Sponsorship Opportunities to Qualified Ghanaians for Postgraduate Studies
- Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Shortlisted Applicants for UDS in 2021/2022
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here