Internship: Knowledge Management UNICEF-GHANA
Internship: Knowledge Management. UNICEF-GHANA: Our works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives, defend their rights and help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
In Ghana, UNICEF cooperates with the Government and other partners to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, ensure equitable access to quality social services, and expand children’s opportunities to reach their full potential.
With offices in Accra and Tamale, the UNICEF team seeks to achieve results in strategic programme areas. The overall goal is for every child to survive and thrive, to live in a safe and clean environment, to learn, to be protected from violence and exploitation, and to have an equitable chance in life. The current Country Programme of cooperation is aligned with the Government priorities, the UN Sustainable Development Partnership (UNSDP), and Key Results for Children (KRCs) in the West and Central African Region (immunization, nutrition, learning outcomes, ending violence and open defecation). UNICEF’s main strategies include evidence-based advocacy, system strengthening, integrated programming across sectors, emergency preparedness and response, and innovation.
The UNICEF social protection unit developed a two-year social protection advocacy strategy (2019-2021) to provide guidance to the unit’s advocacy work. The three key objectives of the strategy include influencing budgetary allocation to the social protection sector, creating public awareness on rights and entitlements to social protection and influencing key political parties on social protection priorities for inclusion in party manifestoes. The strategy and its two-year implementation plan have been reviewed to identify key achievements and gaps. The review has led to the identification of key outstanding activities as well as new activities that are critical for the achievement of the change objectives of the strategy. Further to that, the implementation period of the overall advocacy strategy has been extended from Mid-2021 to end of 2022.
One key area of work has been the partnership with CSOs to improve social accountability in the sector which is linked very closely with anchoring social protection delivery in rights-based framework. While the unit seeks to leverage on gains made over the last two years in these areas, the unit seeks to document its work both past and current in a comprehensive manner that would facilitate knowledge sharing and utilization within and outside the GCO.
Tasks to be completed
The intern will undertake the following activities, support:
- the unit to finalize a knowledge management plan for these areas- this will involve working closely with the team to review past work, gaps in data, data needs etc.
- the collection and synthesis of available relevant data- this will involve taking stock of work done in the past and storing information in an appropriate format.
- the design and production of communication materials including HIS for relevant stakeholders and for different purposes as may be required.
- effective dissemination and utilization of information internally and among partners.
- the ongoing implementation and documentation of work on the CSOs/UNICEF social accountability partnership programme.
The intern is expected to submit the following deliverables:
- Data/resource materials collected and stored in a user-friendly manner/formats
- At least 4 communication materials developed for different stakeholders
- All activities under the social accountability work well documented
- Submit final internship report indicating support provided, achievements, skills learnt and recommendation
Supervision and Reporting Arrangement
The intern will be coached and closely supervised by the Social Policy Specialist. S/he will work in close collaboration with the social protection team.
Payment and Payment Schedule
The Intern will receive a monthly stipend in accordance with UNICEF guidelines.
Official Travel Involved
The assignment is based in the Ghana Country office, Accra and will involve a limited number of trips outside Accra. As much as possible, field trips for interns should be minimized to mitigate risks. Arrangement for field trips will be facilitated by the office in the smoothest available way at that point in time. In view of the current COVID-19 pandemic, field travel for intern must be confirmed and strongly justified by supervisor in writing.
Copyright, Patents, and other Proprietary Rights (if applicable)
UNICEF shall be entitled to all intellectual property and other proprietary rights including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trademarks, with regard to documents and other materials which bear a direct relation to or are prepared or collected in consequence or in the course of the execution of this contract.
General Terms & Conditions: Procedures and Logistics
The intern will be based in UNICEF GCO in Accra. The office will provide equipment and materials necessary for the assignment. The intern will abide by all conditions as per attached UNICEF intern guideline. If required to travel as part of official duty, the intern shall be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred during official travel authorized by UNICEF. Costs for accommodation, meals and incidentals shall not exceed applicable daily subsistence allowance (DSA or a full board arrangement).
Interns may take up to 2.5 days per month off work for any reason, including for medical reasons. The stipend will be reduced for any absence beyond this quota. The quota is cumulative over the duration of the internship, but there will be no compensation or carry-over to another internship or appointment for unused leave days at the end of the internship.
Policy both Parties Should be Aware of:
Attached checklist and terms and conditions in the internship guideline including proof of health/medical insurance coverage must be complied with and copies received by the office prior to the commencement of internship.
Expected Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Knowledge/Skills and Competencies
- Proof of enrolment in an undergraduate or graduate programme in a University and an official letter from the school confirming the student requires an internship.
- Up-to-date university transcript.
- Statement of understanding.
- OR Statement of result/certificate evidencing completion of first degree within the last two years.
- Fields of study in social sciences or related courses.
- Fluency in English is required
- are not staff members. Notwithstanding this status, interns shall observe all applicable rules, regulations, instructions and procedures and directives of UNICEF.
- may contact the Ethics Office and the Ombudsman Office on any issues relating to the UNICEF policy on Prohibition of discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and abuse of authority (POLICY/DHR/2020/002), and UNICEF policy on Whistle-blower protection against retaliation (DHR/POLICY/2018/001), or as amended.
- shall not be sought or accepted as substitutes to perform staff functions.
- shall respect the impartiality and independence required of UNICEF and shall not seek nor accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to UNICEF.
- are considered external candidates when applying for staff positions within UNICEF. The internship may be considered as relevant work experience if relevant to a post, in accordance with UNICEF procedure on Step Determination (DHR/PROCEDURE/2019/006), or as amended.
Internship: Knowledge Management. UNICEF-GHANA
Advertised: 06 Dec 2021 Greenwich Standard Time
Deadline: 20 Dec 2021 Greenwich Standard Time
- Current Vacancies for Interns At UNICEF-GHANA
- Internship: Evidence Generation UNICEF-GHANA
- Job Vacancy for Onshore Execution Lead at Tullow Oil
- Job Vacancy for Process Engineer at Tullow Oil
- Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineer at Tullow Oil
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here