MasterCard Foundation/University of Pretoria 2021 Scholarship Program for African Students
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
University of Pretoria/MasterCard Foundation/University of Pretoria Scholarship Program
- Type: Masters
- Organization: MasterCard Foundation
- School to study: University of Pretoria
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender: All Gender
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Aim and Benefits of University of Pretoria/MasterCard Foundation/University of Pretoria Scholarship Program
The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Pretoria/MasterCard Foundation/University of Pretoria Scholarship Program
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc.
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program, which is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success. Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
October 31, 2021
How to Apply
For more details, visit University of Pretoria website.
- KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for 2023/2024
- MasterCard Foundation 2021 Scholarship for Undergraduate Students at KNUST
- Call for Applications for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2021
- UG Female Postgraduate Engineers Scholarship
- Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here