Robert and Christine Danizger 2021 Scholarships for PhD students from West and Central Africa (Germany)
The Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarship is awarded to very good up-and-coming doctoral students from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa) who are planning a doctorate at Heidelberg University in the fields of Geoinformatics (or Political Science) and who need help with funding their doctorate.
Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarships
- Type: PhD
- Organization: GIScience Research Group
- Country to study: Germany
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarships
The amount of the scholarship for doctoral students is 1,200 € per month.
Requirements for Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarships Qualification
You can apply for a Robert and Christina Danziger Scholarship if
- You are a very good up-and-coming student from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa), you have performed very well in your studies and are planning to apply for a Master’s programme at Heidelberg University in one of the following fields:
- Geography with a focus on Geoinformatics
- Political Science
- You are planning to move to Germany for a doctorate at Heidelberg University, on-site, or you already live in Germany since you are currently attending a language course to acquire the required language skills.
- You need help with funding your doctorate.
How to Apply
Please send your application documents by email to [email protected].
Please submit the following application documents during the application period:
- Signed application form
- Current performance records: University diploma that qualifies for a doctorate (original certificate) including the final grade as well as an official translation in German or English and if available, an official conversion of the diploma to the German grading system.
If your university diploma is not available by the end of the application period, it is sufficient to submit a provisional certificate from the university confirming your academic performances, so far (ideally with a grade of all examinations, so far), that states that you expect to complete your course of study by the start of the semester following the application period. Please note that you have to submit your missing certificate by the start of the lecture period.
- Confirmation of acceptance of the doctorate (ps: currently either Prof. Zipf or Prof. Höfle can accept Ph.D. students in Geoinformatics at Heidelberg University)
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form)
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (payslip of the parents, own wage slips, etc.)
- KAAD 2021-2022 Masters and PhD Scholarships for International Students (Germany)
- First Generation International Scholarships in Germany
- Emergency Grant for International Students at Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2021-2022
- Fully Funded Romanian Government Scholarship 2021 Application Portal
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here