Entry Requirements of Degree Programmes at Tamale Technical University
Applications for admissions for the 2022/2023 academic year at TaTU have not begun. Applicants before applying are required to know the Entry Requirements of Degree Programmes at Tamale Technical University.
All applicants will also need to know the programmes offered at Tamale Technical University before application. This helps them to choose their programme of choice without facing any challenges.
General Entry Requirements for Four (4) Year Bachelor of Technology Programmes
- SSSCE Applicants: passes (A-D) in three (3) core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and must possess a minimum of D in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialisation.
- WASSCE Candidates: passes (A1-C6) in three (3) core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialisation.
- GBCE/ABCE Candidates: Passes in three (3) subjects at GCE ‘A ‘Level including Mathematics and any Two (2) of the passes relevant to the area of specialisation. In addition, candidates must have Five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level credits including English and Mathematics. Candidates with two good passes in Mathematics and Physics at GCE ‘A ‘Level may be considered.
- Certificate II Applicants: Applicants must have passed three (3) core subjects (English language, mathematics and Integrated Science) plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Professional Certificate Holders: Applicants holding part I of ACCA or ICA or institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) or Chartered Institute of Bankers (CIB) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), with credit, passes in SSCE/WASSCE English Language and Mathematics will be admitted to level 200. Applicants with part II of any above professional qualification and credit passes in SSCE/WASSCE English Language and Mathematics will be admitted to 300. In all cases, however, applicants will be required to take our “Institution and Faculty courses” which were not studied during their professional examinations.
- Diploma Holders: DBS holders with credit passes will be admitted to level 100. Candidates holding DCA and equivalent qualifications with a GPA of 2.5 or better and a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics will be admitted to level 200. Applicants with Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) and credit passes in English Language and Mathematics will be admitted to level 200.
- Higher Diploma Holders: Applicants with HND or Higher Diploma in related fields will be admitted to level 300.
Entry Requirements for Mature Degree Applicants:
Applicants must be twenty-five (25) years old and must show proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must pass a written examination and an interview to be conducted by the University.
- Must provide evidence of at least two (2) years’ work experience.
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES (TOP-UP PROGRAMMES)
- Bachelor of Technology in Statistics with Information Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Statistics – (weekend/evening sessions)
- Bachelor of Technology in Hospitality and Tourism Management Options in:
- Tourism Management – Weekend/Evening
- Hospitality Management and Catering Technology – Weekend/Evening
- Bachelor of Technology in Building Technology.
- Bachelor of Technology in Architectural Wood and Furniture Production
- Bachelor of Technology in Applied Accounting
- Bachelor of Technology in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Bachelor of Technology in Welding and Fabrication Engineering – Evening/Weekend Sessions
- Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering – Evening and Weekend Sessions
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering with options in Evening Session/Weekend
- Plant Option
- Production Option
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR TOP-UP PROGRAMMES
- HND certificate, University diploma, post-graduate, or professional certificate in a relevant field, plus two (2) years of working experience in a related industry with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division.
- Applicants with equivalent qualifications/certificates can seek clarification from the admissions office of the University.
- UEW Entry Requirements for Bachelor and Diploma Programmes for 2022/2023
- Tamale Technical University Admission Form for 2020/2021
- AAMUSTED B. A. English Education Entry Requirements
- CK Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences 2022/2023 Admission
- KTU Bachelor of Technology in Telecommunication Engineering Entry Requirement
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here