Koforidua Technical University Admission Forms for 2022/2023
The Koforidua Technical University Admission Forms for 2022/2023 are out and application for admission is currently ongoing.
Koforidua Technical University wishes to inform all prospective students and the general public that Application Forms for Admission to the following programmes for the 2022/23 Academic Year are now on sale.
Cost of KTU Admission Forms for 2022/2023 Academic Year
- Ghanaian Applicants for B’Tech, HND, and Non-HND programmes – GH¢150.00
- International Applicants – $50.00
The forms can be purchased at any branch of the following banks:
- Republic Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB)
- Agricultural Development Bank (ADB)
- Universal Merchant Bank (UMB)
Koforidua Technical University Admission Forms for 2022/2023
Find below the admission requirements for all the categories of programmes offered at the university base on the qualifications accepted.
General Requirements for Bachelor of Technology Programmes
Passes (A-D) in three (3) core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science; and must possess three (3) passes in relevant elective subjects. The cumulative aggregate must be 24 or better.
Credit passes (A1-C6) in three core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science; and must possess three (3) credit passes (A1-C6) in three relevant elective subjects. The cumulative aggregate must be 36 or better.
GCE ‘O’ and A-Level Applicants
Applicants must possess six (6) GCE ‘O’ Level passes including English Language, Mathematics, and General Science plus three (3) GCE ‘A-Level passes in the relevant courses.
Applicants from Technical Institutions
- Applicants from Technical Institutes must possess credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science plus credit passes in relevant elective courses.
- Applicants from Technical Institutes with the requisite elective passes without passes in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science may be admitted to a two (2) month intensive bridging (pre-degree) programme before formal admission to their programmes of choice after passing a selection examination.
Applicants with Technician Certificate
- Applicants with passes in Motor Vehicle Technicians II (MVT II) may also be considered for admission and will be enrolled at Level 200.
- Applicants with passes in Motor Vehicle Technicians III (MVT III) may also be considered for admission and will be enrolled at Level 300.
- HND graduates with the requisite specialization will enroll at level 300.
- HND graduates with requisite specialization will enroll at level 200 (Mechatronics)
- Applicants with University Diploma in the relevant subjects will enroll at level 300.
- Ordinary Technical Diploma (OTD) will enroll at level 200.
- At least Part II and III Technicians Certificate Holders in EET or Radio & Television or
- Telecommunication Technician plus English, Mathematics and Science or
- EET II or Radio & Television Technician II or
- Telecommunication Technician II with passes in English, Mathematics & Science at the SSSCE/WASSCE level.
- Applicants must be twenty-five (25) years old at the time of application and must show proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which should be five (5) years old at the time of application. If the birth certificate is less than five (5) years, the applicant must add an affidavit. The applicant in addition must add any valid National ID card.
- Must pass a written test in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge to be conducted by Koforidua Technical University.
- Applicants within the field of Engineering must have obtained a pass at MET I, MVT I, EET I, CTC I
- GCE ‘O’ Level, SSSCE/WASSSCE Applicants must have obtained passes in English Language, Mathematics, and any two subjects in a related field of specialization.
- Must have at least one year of working experience in a related field (A letter from the employer is required as evidence of working experience).
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (TOP-UP) PROGRAMMES
- Holders of Higher National Diploma in a specified field obtained from accredited/recognized institutions
- Holders of Higher National Diploma in a particular field transferring from similar programmes run at accredited/recognized institutions should have one (1) year of working experience.
- Holders of University Diploma certificates from accredited Universities and Professional Diploma certificates are eligible to apply
- Other qualifications that are equivalent to Higher National Diploma, Construction Technicians Certificate III & II), (CTC III (New)), CTC II (Old), Mechanical Engineering Technician III (MET III), Electrical Engineering Technician III (EET III), Motor Vehicle Technician III (EET III), Advance Diploma among others).
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR HND PROGRAMMES
Passes (A-D) in three (3) core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science/Social Studies; and must possess a minimum of D in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
Passes (A1-D7) in three (3) core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science/Social Studies; and must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
SSSCE/WASSCE Applicants with passes (A-D)/(A1-C6) in three core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science/Social Studies; and a minimum of D/C6 in any two (2) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization are eligible to apply.
GBCE/ ‘O’/A’LEVEL/ABCE APPLICANTS
Five (5) GBCE /GCE‘O’-Level credit passes (including English Language and Mathematics) plus at least two (2) GCE ‘A’ level/ABCE passes excluding General Paper.
How to Apply for Admission at Koforidua Technical University
- Access the Online forms by visiting our online application portal at https://applyonline.ktu.edu.gh with the e-voucher.
- When completing the online forms, applicants will be required to upload their passport size photographs and result slips/certificates.
- Note: Photographs must be on a white background.
- Applicants awaiting results are eligible to apply.
Deadline for Kofridua Technical University Admissions
Online applications should be submitted no later than Friday, December 30, 2022.
- General Entry Requirements for 4-year BTech Programmes at Koforiuda Technical University
- KTU Bachelor of Technology in Telecommunication Engineering Entry Requirement
- HND Programmes at Koforidua Technical University and their Requirements
- AAMUSTED Admission Forms for 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Non Tertiary Programmes Available at Koforidua Technical University for the 2021/2022 Academic Year
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here