Science@Leuven Scholarships 2024/2025
The Faculty of Science and its alumni association Science@Leuven wishes to inform all interested international students who are good academically and well behave to apply for the ongoing Science@Leuven Scholarships. Applicants are required to submit their applications before the deadline date which is on the 15th February 2024.
For all the English taught master programmes the following language requirements are requested. As the level of English is a selection criterium, these requirements are very important for applicants for the Scholarship.
PROOF OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH
All applicants must prove their proficiency in English. The accepted English proficiency tests are:
TOEFL iBT: minimum overall score of 94, with minimum subscores of 19 for Reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for Speaking and 21 for Writing
IELTS Academic test: minimum overall score of 7.0, with minimum subscores of 6.5 for Reading, 6.0 for Listening, 6.0 for Speaking and 6.0 for Writing
Advanced or Proficiency Cambridge Certificates: minimum score of 185, with at least 176 for reading and 169 for listening, speaking and writing.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- The applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before
- The applicants have a bachelor degree from a non-Belgian university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for
- The applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD
- The applicants can prove excellent study results during their former training. The applicants are expected to obtain at
- Least Distinction during their studies at the KU Leuven
- The applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing)
- The applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven
- The applicants have two reference letters from internationally renowned professors
- The applicants are willing to act as ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
The students that have been awarded a scholarship will be asked to sign a contract that stipulates the conditions of acceptance.
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Biology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statiscs and Data Science
- Master of Sustainable Development (ICP)
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship, as this programme requires a master diploma, which is not allowed for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
Note: Do not apply for the Scholarship if you are interested in another Master Programme. Your application will not be considered.
Please read the application instructions carefully.
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven.
- Upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit (Transcript of Records).
- Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale
- If a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description for the courses from your previous/current programme that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master programme that you are considering.
- Describe the courses according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide (example).
- Two reference letters of internationally renowned professors
- A letter of motivation for the programme.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s programme, you will get a message on the screen that you succesfully submitted the application.
- Take a screen shot of this message.
- You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- In case you were unable to take a screen shot of this message, you can also upload another screen shot proving that your application was submitted.
How to Apply:
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship using the link provided below>> Apply for Science@Leuven Scholarship now
- Your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
Only students who have complied with all the above requirements will be considered for the Scholarship.
You can apply for the scholarship immediately after you have applied for a certain programme, you do not need to wait until you are accepted by the master’s programme. However your application for the scholarship will not be considered when it is clear that you will not be accepted for the master’s programme.
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships For Masters (ICP Connect) 2024
- KNUST-O.R Tambo Scholarship Awards 2023/2024
- King Abdulaziz University Fully Funded Scholarship 2024/2025
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2023/2024
- Eiffel Scholarships for International Students France
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here