VLIR-UOS Scholarships For Masters (ICP Connect) 2024
The management of VLIR-UOS has announced about their ongoing Masters Degree Scholarship application that is offered to international students though some few countries are exempted, who meets the requirements. Applicants are urged to submit their applications before the deadline date elapses which is on the 28th February 2024. successful applicants are to study in Belgium.
ICP Connect study programmes are accredited international study programmes. We award scholarships to applicants from 29 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to attend one of the 15 master’s programmes taught in English at one or more Flemish universities. VLIR-UOS provides an annual intake of 10 new first-year scholarships for each ICP.
- Nationality and country of residence: Candidates’ must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of one of these countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application. Check our list of countries eligible for scholarships.
- Age: Candidates cannot be older than 35 on January 1 of the year of intake for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master.
- Professional background and experience: Preference will be given to candidates employed in higher education, government or civil society, or those targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates with no work experience may also be considered if they provide a strong motivation and profile.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates may apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship application per year. Candidates cannot receive any other scholarship or grant to participate in this study programme or another programme simultaneously.
- Previously awarded scholarships: Candidates may not have previously received a scholarship from the Belgian government to attend a study programme and may not have enrolled in a study programme at a Belgian higher education institution before January 1 of the year of intake.
VLIR-UOS supports a selection of 10 initial and 5 advanced master programmes. Check out our one- and two-year programmes below.
Advance Masters (One-Year):
- Master of Human Settlements
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Globalisation and Development
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies (CADES)
Initial Masters (Two-Year):
- International Master of Science in Agro- and Environmental Nematology
- International Master of Science in Rural Development
- Master of Aquaculture
- Master of Epidemiology
- Master of Science in Food Technology
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
- Master of Statistics and Data Science
- Master in Sustainable Development
- Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
Cost Covered By The Scholarship:
- VLIR-UOS scholarships cover tuition fees, travel, insurance and living expenses (board and lodging).
- We only offer scholarships for the full duration of the Master’s programme (12/24 months).
- It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship or an extension.
Scholarship costs may change in line with government funding decisions. You can find the current scholarship framework here.
How to Apply:
- Confirm your eligibility based on all given criteria.
- Take a look at the selected Master’s programmes (15).
- Learn more about the Master’s programmes on their respective websites
- If you are interested in a specific programme, go to the website of the university organising this and follow the instructions.
- On the university website, apply for admission to the programme as well as for the scholarship itself.
- When you apply for the programme, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship.
- Do not apply for more than one Master’s programme per year.
Deadlines are determined by the programme. We receive selection results from the programme organisers.
We will contact selected candidates as well as the candidates on the waiting list by e-mail as soon as possible after selection, no later than mid-June.
For questions regarding your application or selection process, please contact the university directly.
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2023/2024
- Chalmers IPOET Scholarship 2023/2024
- Science@Leuven Scholarships 2024/2025
- Eiffel Scholarships for International Students France
- Hatfield Lioness Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here