Graduate Admissions into Sandwich Programmes 2023-2024 Academic Year
Graduate admission into Modular/Sandwich Programmes 2023-2024.
UG, School of Graduate, has announced to the prospective and the general public that the School of Graduate Studies is offering the under-listed accredited sandwich/modular programmes, leading to the award of Master of Arts and Master of Science Degrees. The programmes will be run on the main University of Ghana campus, Legon, during the vacations, and for the 2023/2024 year it will be from February to April 2024 and August to September 2024. Each cohort of admitted students on these programmes will therefore study over two vacation periods to obtain the equivalence of one academic year (or two semesters).
The following sandwich programmes are available for the 2023/2024 academic year:
a. Programmes b. Department/School/Institute/Centre
MA Organizational Leadership & Governance – Organization and HRM, UGBS
MSc Accounting & Finance – Accounting, UGBS
MSc Procurement and Supply Chain Management – Marketing and Entrepreneurship, UGBS
MA Public Sector Management – Public Administration and Health Service Management, UGBS
MSc Business Analytics – Operations & Management Information Systems
MSc Logistics and Transport Management – Operations & Management Information Systems
MA Education – Teacher Education, SEL
MA Educational Leadership and Management – Educational Studies and Leadership, SEL
MA Contemporary English Studies – English
MA Music – Music
MSc Biodiversity Conservation and Ecosystem Management -Department of Animal Biology and Conservation Science
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
1. A good first degree, preferably second class lower or better (or a Final Grade Point Average of at least 2.0), in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized/accredited University. Applicants with third class may be considered for admission based on work experience and other qualifications.
For more details in respect of Programme specific Admission Requirements, applicants are advised to contact the implementing Department/School/Institute/Centre for additional information on the various programmes.
PROGRAMME- SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER DETAILS
1. MSc in Accounting and Finance
Applicants must either hold a good first degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, Commerce and Finance or a Professional Accounting qualification.
Applicants with non-accounting (e.g. science, humanities etc.) degree may also be considered but they will be taken through access courses for a semester before they progress to the main programme.
2. MA in Contemporary English Studies
The programme is intended for persons in any field of study, including journalists, public relations personnel, business executives, teachers and public servants. You do not need a degree in English to apply.
Programmes not listed with specific entry requirement have general requirements.
Business School Programmes GHS23,118.00 (11,599.00 per sandwich semester)- (0per sandwich semester)
Provisional fees-International students
Business School Programmes:
ECOWAS and other Africans – USD 7400.00 for the year; (USD3700.00 per sandwich semester)
Foreign, USD 9128.00 for the year; (USD4564.00 per sandwich semester)
HOW TO APPLY
University of Ghana application e-vouchers can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GHS220.00 at the following banks: Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Access Bank, Ecobank, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Consolidated Bank Ghana, GCB Bank, First Atlantic Bank and Fidelity Bank. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the online application form.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS AND GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
This category of applicants should use the following links to access the online application form for completion and submission: 1. http://sgs.ug.edu.gh 2. http://admission.ug.edu.gh
All applicants are expected to pay to the University, a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00.
All foreign students should make their payments as follows:
· Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREX) – For payments in Ghana
· Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREIGN) – For payments outside Ghana
Account No.: 0161094409780403; Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
The third payment option is-
· The Secure online payment platform using Visa Card and MasterCard. The link is https://www.ug.edu.gh/ugpay
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates and transcripts should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission. The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Note that no application will be processed without proof- of – payment of the fee.
Cost of E-voucher
International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad US$ 110.00
All further enquiries should be sent to the addresses below:
The School Administrator
School of Graduate Studies
University of Ghana
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Also, for specific enquiries on the University of Ghana Business School programmes, kindly call any of the following telephone numbers:
+233-0303966098, 0545462159, 0570231039
Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the
following documents online (Scan and Attach):
• Bachelors’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for Masters’ Degree programmes)
· Three referees’ reports are required (provide the details of the referees online)
· The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
· All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their correct Students identification number on their forms before submission.
NOTE: All applicants should scan and upload a Gazette where name has changed or is different from that on certificate
APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGED ON SUBMISSION. ENSURE THAT CORRECT ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE PROVIDED.YOU MUST ALSO PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED ONLINE. APPLICANTS WOULD NEED IT DURING REGISTRATION IF ADMITTED.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEADLINE AND ADHERE TO IT STRICTLY
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ON-LINE APPLICATIONS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES UNDER THIS ARRANGEMENT IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2024
- UG Modular/Sandwich Programmes Admission for Graduate 2023/2024 is released
- How to apply into Modular/Sandwich Programmes 2023/2024
- UG Admissions For Graduate Entry Medical Programme (GEMP) 2023/2024
- University of Ghana Provisional Resident fees 2023/2024
- UG First Semester Course Registration deadline Extension 2023/2024
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here