List of Universities Offering BSc Nursing in Ghana
In this article, we are going to discuss the profession of “NURSE”, what they do, and who they are. Nursing is one of the great and noble professions in Ghana.
They are offered in most of the Universities and even colleges in the country. One of the most important things about it is that non-science students can also go into it.’
It is believed that students who offer science-related courses are those qualified to offer Nursing and its related programmes at Universities.
- List of Universities that have open admissions
- Apply for nursing in UDS
- The University of Health and Allied Sciences Admission form
- Universities offering Pharmacy courses in Ghana
- Nursing admission forms
Who is a NURSE?
A nurse is a health care professional who is trained to care for people with illnesses, diseases, and injuries. Usually, nurses accompany doctors and different health care employees in medical organizations and hospitals. Their main role is to help people to feel better, stay fit, and healthy.
In Ghana, Nurses study at the university for at least four years. Graduating students often specialize in the following areas; mental health nursing, pediatric nursing, midwifery, general nursing, and community health nursing.
Types of Nurses in Ghana
Basically, nurses are classified into four categories base on their qualifications and what they do. In Ghana, there are four types or categories of Nurses. These are
- Registered Nurse (RN): Registered Nurses are the main nurses charged with taking care of patients and ensuring that their needs are met.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN): Licensed practical nurses are nurses that hold a diploma in practical nursing. These nurses work closely with registered nurses to gain experience before advancing their careers.
- Nurse Midwife (APRN): Nurse-midwives provide family planning, prenatal and obstetric care. These nurses serve as caregivers for women and their newborns. They also provide education on wellness, nutrition, and disease prevention to mothers and babies. These nurses usually have a Master’s degree or higher level of education.
- Nurse Practitioners: These nurses are at the top of the chain. They provide advanced health care in health care centers.
What do Nurses DO?
Nurses offer a wide range of services day in and day out. Almost all the activities they perform are repeated each day. Below are some of the services they offer:
- Taking patient vital signs, measurements, and medical histories
- Asking about the patient’s symptoms
- Performing physical examinations
- Drawing blood samples
- Requesting and conducting diagnostic tests
- Administering medication
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records
- Educating patients on how to manage their conditions
- Setting up treatment rooms
- Sanitizing and assembling medical equipment
- Completing patient assessments
Above are some of the activities or duties nurses perform.
The field of nursing is very broad. Below are a few fields within the spectrum of nursing.
- Mental health nursing
- Pediatric nursing
- General nursing
- Community health nursing etc.
List Universities Offering BSc Nursing in Ghana
Below is the list of accredited universities offering bachelor of science nursing in Ghana.
- The University of Energy and Natural Resources
- University of Ghana
- Presbyterian University College Ghana
- Central University College
- Ghana Baptist University College
- University for Development Studies
- KAAF University College
- Pentecost University College
- Ghana Christian University College
- Garden City University College
- All Nations University College
- Christian Service University College
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Valley View University
- List of Programmes Offered at Ghana College of Nurses and Midwives in 2023
- Ghana College of Nurses and Midwives Admission Forms for 2022/2023 Academic Year
- Universities Offering Medicine in Ghana
- Nursing and Midwifery Training College Interview Questions for 2022
- How to Buy Nursing Training Form Using Mobile Money for the 2021/2022 Academic Year
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here
Can a general arts student offer nursing at Presbyterian university
Please, is knust offering BSc in Nursing and Midwifery for General Arts Students?