University of Ghana Graduate Studies Admission 2024/2025 Academic Year
The Management of University of Ghana, Legon has officially announced to the general public that the School of Graduate Studies is offering a number of Master’s and PhD programmes for the 2024-2025 Academic Year.
It is announced for the information of prospective applicants and the general public that the School of Graduate Studies is offering a number of Master’s and PhD programmes for the 2024-2025 Academic Year. For the accredited programmes of the respective colleges please visit the websites of the respective schools in the relevant College as follows:
College of Humanities (https://coh.ug.edu.gh); College of Education (https://coe.ug.edu.gh); College of Health Sciences (https://chs.ug.edu.gh); and College of Basic and Applied Sciences (https://cbas.ug.edu.gh).
General Entry Requirements For All Programmes:
• A good first degree, preferably second class lower or better (or a Final Grade Point Average
of at least 2.0), in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any
recognized/accredited University. Applicants with third class may be considered for
admission based on work experience and/or other qualifications.
For more details in respect of Admission requirements, applicants are advised to contact
the various Departments/Schools/Institutes/Centres for additional information on the
• For purposes of assessing an applicant’s eligibility, he/she may be required to take an
entrance examination and/or interview at the Department/Institute/School/Centre.
• For some academic units, applicants may be admitted into the MA/MSc programme at the
first instance. Students who obtain an average of B+ or better in the first semester
examinations may be upgraded to the MPhil programme upon recommendation by the
Head of Department in consultation with the Graduate Studies Committee of his/her
Applicants may apply for a PhD programme with a Masters’ degree or a very good first
Applicants applying with Masters’ Degree
• Applicants with relevant Masters’ degree from the University of Ghana or any
recognized/accredited University may apply for a PhD programme.
• Applicants applying with first degree
Applicants with very good first degree from the University of Ghana or any
recognized/accredited University may apply for a PhD programme. Such applicants, when
admitted,shall be required to take first year courses of the Masters’ (Level 600) programme
of their departments. They shall be required to pass all examinations in the courses. On
successful completion of the Level 600 courses and depending on their performance, they
would then progress into the four-year Ph.D. programme which beings with Level 700
courses in first year of the PHD.
All PhD programmes in the University are now fee-paying and the durations are as follows:
• Full-Time – Four (4) years
• Part-Time – Six (6) years
How to Apply:
University of Ghana application e-vouchers can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢220.00 at the following banks: Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Access Bank, Ecobank, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Consolidated Bank Ghana,, GCB Bank, First Atlantic Bank and Fidelity Bank. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the online application form.
International Applicants and Ghanaians Applying from Abroad:
This category of applicants should use the following links to access the online application form for
completion and submission:
All applicants are expected to pay to the University, a non-refundable application processing
fee of US$110.00.
All foreign students should make their payments as follows:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREX) – For payments in
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREIGN) – For payments
Account No.: 0161094409780403; Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
The third payment option is-
- The Secure online payment platform using Visa Card and MasterCard. The link
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates and transcripts should be scanned and
attached to the application form before submission. The transcript should be scanned into one PDF
or Word document and attached to the application.
Note that no application will be processed without proof- of – payment of the fee.
Cost of E-voucher:
International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad US$ 110.00. Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the following documents online (Scan and Attach):
- Bachelors’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for
Masters’ Degree programmes)
- Bachelors’ and Masters’ Degree Certificates and Official Transcripts (for
those applying for PhD programmes)
- Three referees’ reports are required for all applicants (provide the details of
the referees online)
- All PhD applicants should attach their Research Proposals to the application
(Not more than Four pages)
- The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached
to the application.
- All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should
indicate their ‘STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS’ on their forms before submission.
- Scan and upload a Gazette where name has changed or is different from that on certificates/transcripts
- No application will be processed without the certificate/official transcript or gazette where name has changed.
- The originals will be required during interviews.
- Applicants must ensure that their on-line applications are correctly filled and receipt acknowledged on submission.
- Ensure that correct addresses and telephone numbers are provided.
- You must also print and keep a copy of the application materials submitted online. Applicants would need it during registration if admitted.
- The deadline scheduled for all programmes under this arrangement is Friday, June 28, 2024.
- How to apply into Modular/Sandwich Programmes 2023/2024
- Graduate Admissions into Sandwich Programmes 2023-2024 Academic Year
- UG Modular/Sandwich Programmes Admission for Graduate 2023/2024 is released
- UG Admissions For Graduate Entry Medical Programme (GEMP) 2023/2024
- Ghana To The World UG Summer Programme 2024
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here