Evans-Pritchard Fellowship 2021 in African Anthropology at the University of Oxford
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Evans-Pritchard Fellowship in African Anthropology to be taken at the University of Oxford. The Fellowship is a collaboration between the Oxford School of Global and Area Studies and St. Anne’s College for a full-time fellowship in African Anthropology.
The Fellow will assist in teaching, marking and supervision for the Msc in African Studies at the discretion of the Director of the African Studies Centre. The Fellows will also be required to develop their research, publish and submit research proposals to outside funders.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): African Studies Centre, University of Oxford
Host Institution(s): University of Oxford
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Postgraduate
To be eligible for the Evans-Pritchard Fellowship at the University of Oxford 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A doctorate in the Anthropology of Africa. You should have been successfully examined for a doctorate, and to have had your doctoral viva not more than 5 years before the application closing date
- An aptitude for teaching, experience of conducting teaching across social anthropology and African Studies, and sufficient depth and breadth of knowledge in the subject to develop appropriate course materials
- Demonstrable experience of qualitative and quantitative research and analytical techniques, with a proven capacity to develop sound research proposals
- Publication record and/or evidence of strong potential for high quality research outputs published with leading journals, with a clear plan of research to be conducted during the three years of the post
- The ability to supervise advanced level Masters’ students on a broad range of dissertation topics
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience with assessing and marking graduate level work.
- Employees enjoy 38 days’ paid holiday
- Generous pension schemes
- Travel discounts, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
How-to-Apply: Before submitting an application for the Evans-Pritchard Fellowship in African Anthropology, interested applicants may find it helpful to read the ‘Tips on applying for a job at the University of Oxford’ document available online.
Please email any queries for the attention of Professor David Pratten (AP in Social Anthropology of Africa) to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Monday 12th April 2021 at 12.00 midday
- United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship Programme 2022
- The Future Africa Internship Program 2021
- Study in the UK in 2021-22: All What you need to Know
- SOM Foundation China Fellowship Programme 2021/2022
- Santander International Exchange Grants At University Of Bonn Germany
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here