Guidelines for BECE 2021 School Selection
GES/TVETS have put in place the following guidelines for the information of the general public including candidates, teachers, and parents.
- All SHS/SHTS/TVET institutions have been placed in 4 categories, namely A B C D
- All candidates must choose their 1st to 5th choices from schools in Category A, B, and C in order of preference.
- Each choice must have a program and accommodation (Day/Boarding).
- Candidates and parents should note that category A schools can only be selected once and Category B schools can be selected twice. A candidate can select all 5 choices from Category C.
- Additionally, candidates are to select a compulsory day as the 6th choice from Category D or choose a boarding school from the list of schools in Appendix 3 (of the 2021 schools register) as special boarding.
- Category D represents the day school option. These are schools that candidates can attend as day students and therefore must be schools that are located in the candidates’ catchment area.
- Appendix 3 contains Special boarding schools that can be selected as boarding for the 6th choice selection.
- Candidates who wish to offer only TVET programmes must select all six (6) TVETS schools from Category A, B, and C as Day or Boarding.
- In total, all candidates must select six (6) schools.
- Parents are supposed to supervise their wards in the selection and filling process, sign and submit forms to their current Junior High Schools.
- Guidelines on How to Select Schools for BECE Candidates
- How to Get School of Your Choice in the BECE 2021 School Placement
- Schools Selection Portal for BECE 2022 Candidates
- How to Verify School Choices on CSSPS for BECE 2021 Students
- How to do SHS Self Placement in 2022 for BECE 2021 Candidates
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here