School Of Graduate Studies/College Of Engineering/Regional Transport Research And Education Centre Kumasi
The Regional Transport Research and Education Centre Kumasi (TRECK) is seeking applications from Ghanaian and international candidates for the following Ph.D. and MSc. programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year. Exceptional applicants who present innovative research proposals at the selection interview would be offered a limited scholarship from the World Bank Africa Centres of Excellence Project (ACE Impact). Qualified applicants who do not get TRECK funding can opt for the FEE-PAYING option. TRECK scholarship package would cover tuition fees and research grants. Females are encouraged to apply for the funding opportunities available.
MSC. ROAD AND TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class (Upper Division)) or its equivalent in a relevant Engineering, Management, or Planning discipline, or equivalent qualification from a reputable University with skills in
- Building Technology and Construction Management
- Development Studies and any field of specialization relevant to the programme
Candidates whose qualifications may not align with the above directly would have their transcripts assessed by the selection committee and if found to be acceptable invited to attend a selection interview. BTech holders with at least 2 years of work experience in the relevant disciplines may be admitted after passing a selection interview; relevant field experience would be an advantage.
PH.D. HIGHWAY AND TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
Candidates must have a good Master’s degree in
- Transport Engineering
- Transport Systems
- Highway engineering
- Road and Transport Engineering
- Applied Mathematics with transport or operations research specialization
- Transport Economics
or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution, with a cumulative weighted average of at least 60.
NB: All Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or British Council, IELTS) with an above-average score or be available to attend a three (3) months English language course at the KNUST-Department of English.
Mode of Application
Prospective Ghanaian applicants should purchase an e-Voucher containing Login ID/Serial Number and PIN for GHȼ250.00 at the following banks:
- GCB Bank
- Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG)
- Ecobank or dial *447*160#on any network and follow the prompts
All International Applicants are to generate a Login ID/Serial Number and PIN for the online application using this (Link).
Candidates should then proceed to the online admissions website: (Here!) and begin the application process.
Once the process is completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT TWO (2) COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with the under-listed supporting documents:
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level for PhD. applicants)
- Official transcripts and certificates for BSc. and MSc. degrees
- Proof of ability to communicate in English for Candidates from non-Anglophone countries.
- Soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialization, current occupation, how the Programme will fit into your professional vision, how your home country stands to benefit after your training
- PhD applicants only: Soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 6 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes of a research idea. Candidates would be expected to make oral presentations of the proposed research and their capacity to undertake the research at the selection interview.
The completed application form together with supporting documents must be submitted by post to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies,
Soft copies must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any hand-delivered application shall not be processed. The deadline for completion of the online application is 31st October 2021.
TRECK will shortlist applicants for a competitive selection interview. The date of the interview will be communicated after the shortlisting.
Only candidates who successfully gain admission shall be notified subsequently.
For further inquiries contact:
Telephone: (+233) 249453841
- KNUST Scholarship for Postgraduates TRECK Programmes
- KNUST Graduates Admission Forms for 2022/2023 Academic Year
- Admission of Candidates to Higher Degree Programmes for the 2020/2021 Academic Year
- How to Apply for Nursing and Midwifery Top-Up Admission at KNUST
- Koforidua Technical University Admission Forms for 2022/2023
Join Our Group For More Updates Via WHATSAPPS: Join Group Here